In this episode of the How to Succeed in Product Management Podcast, marketing professor Jeff Shulman and The Product Management Center advisory board members Red Russak and Soumeya Benghanem welcome Divya Sreekumar (Meta) and Clay Robinson (Mamenta) to talk about collating information both from customers and within the organization to unravel hiend use wants and needs. By asking the right questions and having the right people onboard, addressing customer needs can become more effective.
Support for How to Succeed in Product Management is brought to you by Apptentive, which enables product managers to measure shifts in customer emotion and gather actionable feedback across the mobile customer journey. To learn more, go to Apptentive.com/UW.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 08:31 Collating product backlog
- 10:34 Getting the right data and filtering the noise
- 16:08 PMs find the unarticulated wants and needs
- 18:36 Either you’re doing too much or too little when gathering info
- 26:41 Take yourself up from the HOW and switch to the WHY
- 34:06 How do you break into the PM space?
- 40:09 How do you speak up when you feel you’re not empowered to